This free, full-day program is jointly sponsored by the Federal Defenders for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts, the Alabama Civil Justice Foundation, Alabama Appleseed, and ACLU of Alabama, and offers 6 hours of CLE credit for lawyers and 6 hours of CE credit for social workers.
- Oct. 16, 2017: Birmingham Bar Association 2021 2nd Ave N, Birmingham, Alabama
- Oct. 17, 2017: Middle District of Alabama Federal Defenders 817 S Court St, Montgomery, Alabama
- Oct. 18, 2017: Multi-Purpose Room 205 Government Plaza, Mobile, Alabama
Topics will include the intersection of immigration and criminal defense law, country conditions, a primer on special visas, and in-depth discussion of the challenges facing immigrants and those working with them here in Alabama. Civil lawyers including LSA employees and volunteer lawyer program associates, members of the criminal defense bar, social workers, and advocates will all benefit from this free event.
Featured speakers include:
- Nicole Ramos, Project Director, Border Rights Project, Al Otro Lado, San Ysidro, CA
- Erika Pinheiro, Director of Policy & Technology, Al Otro Lado, San Ysidro, CA
- Josh Medina, Equal Justice Works AmeriCorps Legal Fellow, University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, AL
Registration will begin at 8:30 in each location, and the program will run from 9:00 AM-4 PM, with box lunch provided for $10.00.
RSVP Required: email@example.com