The 2022 General Election is Alabama's next chance to vote. This statewide election will determine seats for local, state, and federal positions.
Important Dates and Deadlines
2022 General Election (November Midterms)
- Voter registration deadline for general election: October 24, 2022
- Last day to apply for absentee ballot by mail: November 1, 2022
- Last day to apply for absentee ballot in person: November 3, 2022
- Last day to hand-deliver absentee ballot: November 7, 2022
- Election Day: November 8, 2022
Your Rights While Voting
We want to make sure that you are aware of your rights while voting. Here are some major things to remember:
- If the polls close while you’re still in line, stay in line — you have the right to vote.
- If you make a mistake on your ballot, you can ask for a new one.
- If the machines are down at your polling place, you can ask for a paper ballot.
Call the Election Protection's hotline at 866-OUR-VOTE (866-687-8683) with any voting questions or issues.
English: 1-866-OUR-VOTE (866-687-8683)
Spanish: 1-888-VE-Y-VOTA (888-839-8682)
Asian Languages: 1-888-API-VOTE (888-274-8683)
Arabic: 1-844-YALLA-US (844-925-5287)
Voter Guide FAQ
- Where can I register to vote or update my voter registration online?
- Where can I check the status of my voter registration?
- What photo ID is accepted at the polls in Alabama?
- Where can I get a free photo voter ID from the Secretary of State?
- Where is my polling place? (Note: Be sure to check your location before you go to vote. Polling places are subject to change.)
Page last revised: November 8, 2022