This bill would require a man to undergo a vasectomy within one month of his 50th birthday or the birth of his third biological child, whichever comes first.
This bill was introduced by Rep. Hollis on February 4, 2020. It was assigned to the House Judiciary committee and is now pending committee action.
- 2/17/2020 - Mandatory vasectomy at age 50? Alabama lawmaker proposes response to abortion ban [USA Today]
- 2/16/2020 - Alabama Lawmaker Introduces Mandatory Vasectomy Bill In Response To Abortion Ban [HuffPost]
- 2/15/2020 - Lawmaker proposes bill requiring men have vasectomies [ABC News]
- 2/14/2020 - Forced vasectomy at 50? Alabama lawmaker reacts to pushback [WSFA]
- 2/14/2020 - In response to abortion restrictions, Alabama lawmaker's bill would require vasectomies [CNN]
- 2/13/2020 - Alabama legislator offers bill requiring men get vasectomies at 50 in response to anti-abortion laws [The Hill]