The 2019 Alabama Legislative Session will convene on Tuesday, March 5, 2019. Read more about Following the 2019 Legislative Session.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is my legislator and how do I contact them?
- When are upcoming legislative workshops and lobby days?
- What are some bills of note that I should be paying attention to?
- How can I get involved with the Alabama legislature?
- How does a bill become a law?
- Where can I sign up for weekly email updates?
Bills of Note
- SB16 - Prohibits driver's license suspensions for indigent defendants
- SB21 - Requires data collection for police transparency
- SB31 - Allows for transfer to diversion programs