The 2019 Alabama Legislative Session convened on Tuesday, March 5, 2019. Read more about Following the 2019 Legislative Session.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is my legislator and how do I contact them?
- When are upcoming legislative workshops and lobby days?
- How can I get involved with the Alabama legislature?
- How does a bill become a law?
- Where can I sign up for weekly email updates?
- How do I navigate the ALISON Database?
Bills of Note
- HB96/SB98 - Reclassifies marijuana possession from a class D felony to a fine
- HB266/SB21 - Requires data collection for police transparency
- SB16 - Prohibits driver's license suspensions for indigent defendants
- SB31 - Allows for transfer to diversion programs
- SB140 - Updates sex education language
- HB3/HB14 - Requires drug testing for SNAP and TANF recipients
- HB36 - Limits release of police body cam footage
- HB56/SB22 - Allows Alabamians to divert state tax refunds to the "Build the Wall" organization
- HB314/SB211 - Criminalizes abortion with no exceptions for rape or incest
- SB14/HB62 - Allows for Bible classes in public schools
- Week 1
- Week 2
- Week 3
- Week 5 - The Legislature is trying to ban abortion!
- Week 6 - Public hearing called for abortion ban bill
Navigate the Alabama Legislature Website
Page last revised: April 16, 2019