The 2020 General Election is Alabama's next chance to vote. This statewide election will determine seats for local, state, and federal positions.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- October 19, 2020 - Voter registration deadline for the General Election
- October 29, 2020 - Last day to apply for an absentee ballot for the General Election
- October 29, 2020 - Last day to vote on-site absentee
- November 2, 2020 - Last day for a voter to hand-deliver or postmark an absentee ballot for the General Election
- November 3, 2020 - General Election Day
Voting During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Every voter in Alabama can vote absentee in 2020.
Secretary of State John Merrill has extended expanded absentee voting guidance through the November general election. According to this order, this means "any voter who determines it is impossible or unreasonable to vote at their voting place for the General Election on November 3, 2020 due to the declared states of emergency, shall be eligible to check the box on the absentee ballot application which reads as follows: 'I have a physical illness or infirmity which prevents my attendance at the polls.'"
Call the Election Protection's hotline at 866-OUR-VOTE (866-687-8683) with any voting questions or issues.
- Call 844-YALLA-US (844-925-5287) for Arabic language assistance. Learn more: https://www.aaiusa.org/yalla_vote
- Call 888-VE-Y-VOTA (888-839-8682) for Spanish language assistance. Learn more: http://veyvota.yaeshora.info/about?id=0003
- Call 888-API-VOTE (888-274-8683) for Asian language voting help. Learn more: https://advancingjustice-aajc.org/hotline
- Call 301-818-VOTE (301-818-8683) for American Sign Language voting help. Learn more: https://www.nad.org
Page last revised: November 2, 2020