Being a voter is more than just bubbling a ballot one day a year. It is a commitment to our communities and our democracy to elect individuals committed to the same principles we hold dear, and to hold those individuals accountable through our actions and our votes. That's why it's so important to be an informed voter.
Join us on September 11 so you can be ready for Election Day. Find out what you need to know to be an informed voter when you go to the polls on November 6.
- Register to vote with SPLC on Campus. Individuals can fill out new registration forms or update their existing registration.
- Know your rights for voting! We'll discuss voter ID requirements, deadlines, inactive status, provisional ballots, and more.
- Learn about the candidates who are on the ballot, what positions they're running for, and how to research them.
- Understand the ballot initiatives you'll be voting on and what they mean.
- Get tips on how you can get involved in engaging and educating the voters in your community.
This event is free and open to the public. Non-students welcome.