1. Demand that Mayor Randall Woodfin immediately sign the proposed executive order "Fostering Trust and Promoting Public Safety and Civil Rights for All City Residents" to ensure Birmingham's resources aren't spent on immigration enforcement and Muslim profiling!
Call: 205-254-2771. Ask to speak to the Mayor's staff or leave a message.
2. Get involved with the campaign to Shut Down Etowah, the immigrant detention center and one of the worst in the nation!
Message facebook.com/shutdownetowah to learn more.
3. Volunteer as a raids first responder and accompany an immigrant family to court and ICE check-ins.
Join us for the training on Thursday, July 19 at 6-8pm at Adelante. RSVP at bit.ly/2KxwzF0.
4. Donate and support local organizations on the front lines of fighting family separation.
- Adelante Alabama
- Alabama Coalition for Immigrant Justice (ACIJ)
- Council on American-Islamic Relations - Alabama (CAIR)
- Hispanic Interest Coalition of Alabama (HICA)
- Stand As One Alabama
Information via Stand As One Alabama.