The 2021 Alabama Legislative Session convened on Tuesday, February 2, 2021. This homepage will be regularly updated throughout the session as bills progress through the Alabama Legislature.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is my legislator and how do I contact them?
- When are upcoming legislative workshops and lobby days?
- How can I get involved with the Alabama legislature?
- How does a bill become a law?
- Where can I sign up for weekly email updates?
- How will the COVID-19 pandemic affect the 2021 Legislative Session?
Bills of Note
- HB 1 / SB 10 - Deny gender affirming medical care by a physician and criminalizes such care from providers
- HB 82 - Simplifies and expands the process of obtaining voter rights restoration
- HB 84 - Establishes that an inmate identification card is a valid form of voter ID for absentee voting
- HB 102 - Establishes early voting procedures for all Alabama elections
- HB 396 - Authorizes absentee voting without requiring an excuse
- HB 107 - Repeal the Habitual Felony Offender Act
For More Information
Click the play button below to see more information about our priority bills, including where they are in the Legislature, the latest version, and you can sign up for e-mail updates from Fast Democracy.
Watch a recording of our preview of the 2021 Legislative Session.
Navigate the Alabama Legislature Website
Page last revised: February 24, 2021