The 2021 Alabama Legislative Session convened on Tuesday, February 2, 2021. Session was officially declared "sine die", or in other words finished, on Monday, May 17, 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is my legislator and how do I contact them?
- When are upcoming legislative workshops and lobby days?
- How does a bill become a law?
- Where can I sign up for weekly email updates?
- How will the COVID-19 pandemic affect the 2021 Legislative Session?
Bills of Note
- HB 1 / SB 10 - Denies gender-affirming medical care by a physician and criminalizes such care from providers
- HB 285 / SB 235 - Bans curbside voting
- HB 391 - Prohibits transgender youth from participating in Alabama public school sports
- HB 445 - Enhances penalties for "riots" and prevent municipalities from reducing local police department budgets
- HB 24 - Allows resentencing for individuals convicted of nonviolent offenses
- HB 106 - Establishes legislative oversight of Alabama Department of Corrections
- HB 107 - Repeals the Habitual Felony Offender Act
- HB 226 / SB 153 - Expands the expungement of certain offenses
- HB 385 / SB 196 - Revises sex education curriculums for Alabama public K-12 schools
- HB 396 - Authorizes absentee voting without requiring an excuse
- Alabama 2021 Legislative Update #1
- Alabama 2021 Legislative Update #2
- Alabama 2021 Legislative Update #3
For More Information
Click the play button below to see more information about our priority bills — including where they are in the Legislature, the latest version, and how you can sign up for e-mail updates from Fast Democracy.
Navigate the Alabama Legislature Website
Page last revised: May 21, 2021