The 2022 Alabama Legislative Session convened on Tuesday, January 11, 2022.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is my legislator and how do I contact them?
- When are upcoming legislative workshops and lobby days?
- How can I engage with my legislator during session?
- Where is the new Alabama Legislature website?
- How can I stream the Legislature?
ACLU of Alabama's 2022 Bills to Watch
HB 2 / SB 3 – Creates new criminal penalties that will threaten and restrict an individual's right to lawfully protest
HB 194 – Criminalizes local voter education organizations to provide funds for collaborating on voter outreach
HB 266 / SB 184 – Denies gender-affirming medical care by a physician and criminalizes such care from providers
HB 295 – Allows individuals to act as bounty hunters and bans abortion at 6 weeks of pregnancy
- HB 1 – Passes Alabama's Pregnant Workers’ Fairness Act
- HB 56 – Repeals the Habitual Felony Offender Act
- HB 57 / SB 215 – Provides legislative oversight of the Alabama Board of Pardons and Paroles
- SB 6 – Reforms Alabama's current voter rights restoration guidelines and eligibility
Click the play button below to see more information about our priority bills — including where they are in the Legislature, the latest version, and how you can sign up for e-mail updates from Fast Democracy.
Page last revised: March 10, 2022